We are looking for workers for short term field work positions of approximately 2-8 weeks (depending on individual qualifications and funding). Main activities will include tree planting, clearing debris from streams, and assisting staff on other projects as needed.
- Ability to handle physical tasks such as walking for extended periods in various outdoor habitats (fields, woods, streams, etc.) and frequent lifting of heavy items.
- Supply own transportation to job sites within the watershed.
- Individual must provide their own clothing, rubber boots, etc. Some specialized equipment is provided.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions.
- Chain saw experience would be very advantageous.
- First aid training.
- Residence within the watershed area.
- Background in biology, wildlife, environment, watershed enhancement, or other relevant field.
Funding for some positions is tied to specific provincial government programs which have their own criteria, therefore we are seeking at least one individual who is over 30 years of age. However, other positions have no such restrictions, therefore individuals of all ages are encouraged to apply.
Please send a resume to Sarah Wheatley at info@WinterTracadie.ca by September 7.Share on Facebook